Platinum Payments takes the security of their clients and their customers very seriously.
What is PCI? PCI stands for: Payment Card Industry Compliance, which are the standards which all businesses that use credit card processing should follow to ensure that credit card data protected.
It can seem daunting or overwhelming, or maybe just too time consuming. These simple steps show how simple it really is.
Tips to help with compliance.
1. Business owners should complete an annual online assessment once a year to be compliant. Our customers use the PCI Compliance Manger.
2. Having updated equipment and software. While we understand that a merchant doesn't want to have to buy new equipment or software. The problem with that is, it most likely is very outdated and can become a liability for your business. We have the latest technology and can help.
3. Always. Always. Always. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is separate than a network that is used by patrons.
4. Change passwords regularly
5. Ask your Professional Consultant for help or additional training
To learn more about PCI check out our blog!